Monday, March 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am officially back to being a full time stay at home mom. Last week was my first week being done work and it was lovely! So nice to be able to have relaxing mornings instead of rushing to get myself and Taylor ready for work/daycare. It's definitely an adjustment spending all day with Taylor again. The last time I was home with her she was at a very different stage of life. I have been reminded what a busy, energetic, strong willed girl we have. We've been having lots of fun together and have been finding new things to keep us busy. She loves colouring with her new markers, using mommy's stamps, playing playdough, playing her new memory game from Christmas, going outside and loves helping mommy do absolutely anything and everything. She has become my little shadow. You can definitely tell she has had friends to play with all day for the past year and a half. Playing independently is something she needs to work on.
We also decided to tackle potty training last week and she is doing so well with that. I was a bit discouraged after the first couple days but today was day 6 and she has come so far already. It is definitely encouraging to see her progress.
Here are some pics from the past few weeks. We've had some beautiful weather and it's been very nice to be able to play outside and go for walks.

Practicing her biking skills


Swinging like a big girl

Licking the beaters...the best part of baking!

3 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Glad you are having a good time at home with Taylor! Things are going well with potty training? Any tips? Hannah is not good at playing alone either even though she has had a lot of opportunity to practice it since Taylor left. It's tiring for me and I am happy for the few minutes here and there when the girls try to play together. Oh well try to treasure these moments I guess! Soon they won't want to be seen with us anymore.

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jo for the new pictures. I'm so glad you're able to be home with Taylor before the baby comes. We're counting the days until we can see you all. Mom G.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said...

update time! i haven't seen that belly of yours for AGES!!
-de

 

Post a Comment

<< Home