She's growing up...
Well we did it...last weekend we took awaw Taylor's soother and moved her into her new room and into a big girl bed. I have to admit I was quite scared about this transition, but so far it has gone remarkably smoothly. She was only using the soother for sleeping and we decided it was time for it to go. So I took the advice of others and snipped the end off. Well she was ticked...now the soother was "broken". Seeing as it was broken she threw it in the garbage and wasn't too pleased when we didn't replace it with a new one. After a few nights though she seems to have forgotten all about it. She also seems to like the new bed. After getting out a few times the first night we told her that wasn't allowed and she needed to stay in the bed until we came and got her in the morning. Believe it or not but this actually worked. She hasn't gotten out again...except occasionally in the morning to grab a toy and quickly hop back into bed. I just can't believe she's old enough for all this. I know it's said so often, but it's true...where does the time go. I guess the next project will be potty training...of which I am even more scared of attempting! I haven't posted any pictures of Taylor's new room as we we're waiting for the final piece...the quilt Andrea is making her. Once it's completed I will take some photos so you all can see her big girl room.

5 Comments:
good work on the bed & soother transition jolene! i'm putting off the bed transition for as looong as i can. reading this is making me wonder if perhaps its time to take cherith's soother away at night too. hmm... maybe later. :)
-de
Way to go!!!! I meant to ask how it went when I ran into you on Saturday. Did you try it on the Friday after our place? She really is a big girl now :o)
I also wanted to quickly let you know that you've been on my mind this past week. I'm praying for you that God will give you comfort and peace.
Hugs,
Erin
Hey Guys! Oh my goodness, Taylor looks so big in that picture. Maybe she can show Libby how to be a big girl. Hey, I'll settle for some talking lessons right now!!
Can't wait to see you guys!! We're excited to be patrons of the 'hotel Willems'. See you soon!
I love that picture of Taylor - so cute. No more soothers - glad the transition is going well. Good luck with the potty training and have fun with the rest of your visitors!
Nice work! I can't believe that went so smoothly.
I've taken the liberty of adding your blog to my list and you certainly can as well.
Hopefully we can do something sometime soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home