No Pictures?
That's right folks...a post with no pictures! Last weekend we went to Brad and Donna's place at Kalamalka Lake, but silly me forgot to bring our camera. You would think I'd have learned by now. It's too bad as there would have been some great photo opportunities. Russ went golfing (don't ask him about his round), played tennis, I went kayaking for the first time and Taylor enjoyed her very first boat ride. Taylor looked pretty darn cute in her life jacket on the boat and even drove with Brad for a bit. I thought she might get fidgety not being able to run around while we were out on the water but she was just the opposite...very mellow. For those of you who've been around her you know this is very strange behaviour for her! She just cuddled on our laps and even slept some of the time while were driving around the lake in fairly rough water. All in all we had a great weekend!
In other news...I will be returning to work next week! I still can't believe my year of maternity leave is over. Who would have thought one year could go by so quickly. I will be working as a receptionist/assistant at Wiebe & Associates, an accounting firm. I had been worried about finding someone to watch Taylor and finding a job, but as usual God worked out all the details for us, providing a great office to work in and two wonderful people to look after Taylor. Life around the Willems household is about to change drastically! I've so enjoyed my year at home with Taylor and know I will miss her like crazy when I'm at work.
Well that's all for now, hopefully next time I'll have some pictures to post.

5 Comments:
hey jolene -- sure, I can take taylor on monday the 28th. you'll just have to let me know what her daily routine is like. it'll be fun. :)
-de
ps. can you please remind me the sunday before, incase it slips my mind, as the 28th is a ways away yet? thanks!
... and no pictures?! shame on you. i can try and picture how cute she was in the boat... yep... bet she was really really cute. sounds like lots of active fun (vs. laying around in the sun fun). a nice last break before getting back into the work routine. congrats on getting the job!
-de
Sounds like you had a great weekend at Kalamalka with B & D. It's neat to see how God has worked out all the details for you to head back to work. It made me a little sad though to think you had to leave Taylor with someone else when I know how much you are enjoying being a mom. Hey - hard to believe Taylor's first birthday is just around the corner. Seems like just yesterday we were waiting to hear the news of her birth. What an exciting year it has been!!
Congrats on the new job! I hope you like it there and the people are fun to work with.
i'm glad you were able to have a great weekend away- don't forget the camera this weekend on your first camping trip! enjoy your weekend away before back to work- i just realized this was kind of our last week together before we're both back to work- no more day trips i guess...what a fun year!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home