Supersonics vs. Lakers
This Friday Russ and I took off for a little road trip to Seattle to see the Supersonics play the Lakers. I'm not a Kobe Bryant fan or anything but thought it would be kinda neat to see the superstar up close. It was amazing how many of the fans were wearing Bryant jerseys even though the game was in Seattle. I almost felt bad for the Supersonics during warmup...way more people on the Lakers side watching them warm up and getting their autographs and stuff. I guess I didn't feel too bad though seeing as that's the side we were watching too! We did cheer for Seattle though, however, they just couldn't pull it off and lost in the end. It had been a long time since we'd been to an NBA game and it was a lot of fun. We also stopped in at the outlet mall on the way to Seattle for a little shopping and picked up some cute stuff for Taylor. Our trip home was interesting to say the least. Now some of you may know that I am a horrible map reader and am basically useless in this regard. However, on the way down I was navigating...why I don't know...and I caused us to make a wrong turn. Luckily it wasn't a major mistake and we still found the freeway. On the way back I was determined to not let that happen again. Our first mistake was not finding out which border crossing was open 24 hours and our second mistake was not bringing a proper map. So we guessed at which crossing would be open and I actually managed to find it on the map and get us there this time. A miracle in itself. However, we guessed wrong...not open. From there we travelled all through the middle of nowhere until we finally found a border crossing that was open. How frustrating to be able to see Canada in the distance but not be able to find a way to get into the country. At one point I thought we were going to be stuck in Washington all night. Luckily for us Rusty has a better sense of direction than I and was able to get us back into Canada. I don't think you've ever seen two people more excited to see a border crossing!
Key Arena - The stadium where we saw the big game
The Lakers warming up...no Kobe yet though
The view from our seats way up in the stadium


2 Comments:
Sounds like a fun adventure. Did you feel like college kids again?
hey, what's with the lack of bloggage? -de
Post a Comment
<< Home